PBU-50 Whole Body Phantom
The Whole body phantom PBU-50 is a life-size, full body anthropomorphic phantom with a state-of-the-art synthetic skeleton, lungs, liver, mediastinum and kidneys embedded in KYOTOKAGAKU original soft tissue substitute. Movable joints allow basic positioning for plain X-ray and training/research applications can be enriched by disassembling the phantom into 10 individual parts (head, limbs and trunk). There are no metal parts or liquid structures.
Right shoulder rotates side ways, abducting to a horizontal position.
Left shoulder rotates forward, up to a horizontal position.
Elbows bend inward to approx. 90 degrees.
Hip joints rotate forward up to 90 degrees, then rotate outward up to 45 degrees, respectively.
Knees bend to approx. 90 degrees.
- The phantom can be held in the supine frog leg position.
- The limbs and head are detachable at joints and neck for wider applications.
- The head supporter facilitates various head positions.
- Life size synthetic skeleton
- Hands and feet with bone trabeculae
- Lungs with pulmonary vessels
- Mediastinal space
Original phantom materials:
- Radiology absorption and Hounsfield number approximate to human body.
Materials and features:
Soft tissue and organs: Urethane base resin (SZ-50)
Synthetic bones: Epoxy base resin
Joint attachments: Epoxy, urethane with carbon fiber
- 1 whole body phantom PBU-50
(separable into 10 parts)
Synthetic bones, pulmonary vessels, mediastinal space, liver, kidneys are embedded
- 1 head supporter
- 1 set of replacement joint connectors and screws (1 piece for each)
- 1 flat head screwdriver
- 1 set of sample X-ray data
approx. 165 cm height
approx. 50 kg
approx. 85 x 60 x 44 cm
approx. 80 kg